Technology at Webb
Technology infrastructure and interactive learning opportunities are both key initiatives within Webb Elementary. Webb is committed to providing opportunities for students to interact with the global community through use of technology tools such as online learning and social media.
Listed below are a few of the many ways we use technology at Webb Elementary:
- We have just added new Digital Learning Spaces to our media center; areas that allow students to collaborate and work on projects with their laptops.
- Students in 2nd – 5th grades have macbooks to work on and use for publishing in the classrooms.
- Kinder, 1st, and 2nd grade classroom have iPads to use in the classroom to create and publish their work.
- Students practice their keyboarding skills at every grade, which means by the time they finish 5th grade they type at least 25 words per minute.
- Students in the TEK Club help photograph the events that happen at Webb and practice coding, creating, and working on their technology skills.
- Students study, create, and collaborate at Webb using Facebook, Twitter, and Google Classroom and many other web 2.0 tools.