Storybook Character Pumpkin Patch
What: Decorate a pumpkin as a favorite storybook character
When: Turn in pumpkins October 24th or 25th (by 8:00am)
Where: Hallway outside the Walker Learning Commons
Celebrate the arrival of fall by decorating a pumpkin as a Storybook Character for our Pumpkin Patch. All pumpkins will be on display in the hallway outside the Learning Commons where a panel of guest judges will award a grand prize for each category K/1, 2/3, 4/5. The winner in each category will receive a $10 gift certificate for our Book Fair happening November 3rd-9th!
- Decorate a SMALL artificial or fresh pumpkin. Students should be able to carry the pumpkin him/herself.
- Absolutely NO carved pumpkins. Carved pumpkins will not be accepted and will need to be sent home the same day.
- Be creative. Judging criteria will include originality, creativity, workmanship, and relevance to the chosen book. Decisions of our guest judges are final.
- Do not paint an entire fresh pumpkin, as it will spoil too fast. Leave at least the bottom half free of paint!
- Permanent markers or acrylic paint work best. Watercolors tend to just smear.
- Embellishments such as hat, hair, bandanas, mustaches, glasses and jewelry can add life-like qualities.
- Don’t put your name anywhere on the pumpkin. Bring the completed entry form to the hallway outside the Learning Commons. Print the form from the Learning Commons website http://gg.gg/66jdo or pick one up from Ms Bolton.
- Judging will take place October 25th & 26th. Winning pumpkins will be featured on announcements that week!
Please pick up pumpkins after school Friday, October 27th. All pumpkins not picked up by 3:15pm will be taken away. We cannot keep pumpkins in the building over the weekend.