LEARNING COMMONS MISSION:
The mission of the Valley Creek Elementary Learning Commons is to ensure that students and staff are effective evaluators, users and communicators of ideas and information, enabling them to be literate life-long learners.
The Valley Creek Learning Commons
- provides flexible and equitable access to information, ideas, and resources as students engage in both group and independent study.
- nurtures an interest in reading and appreciation of literature through group instruction and individual guidance.
- integrates information resources and skills in a meaningful context to meet a curricular objective.
- models ethical use of information and technology resources and ideas.
- fosters the involvement of and partnership with the whole school community: students, teachers, staff, administrators, parents, community members.
We look forward to serving our students as they grow in resource and technology literacy.
Mrs. Lowry & Mrs. Cohee