Technology at McGowen
Technology infrastructure and interactive learning opportunities are both key initiatives within McGowen Elementary. McGowen is committed to providing opportunities for students to interact with the global community through use of technology tools such as online learning and social media.
Listed below are a few of the many ways we use technology at McGowen Elementary:
- We are an “All-MAC” campus. All classrooms are outfitted with MAC Minis for teacher and student use, as well as student laptops and iPads for student use.
- Our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students share 45 MacBook Airs for student research, projects, and collaboration. These students also have a cart of 30 iPads.
- Our Kindergarten and 1st grade classrooms have 9 iPads per classroom for literacy stations, math stations, research, and student projects.
- 2nd Grade classrooms have 5 iPads per room, and 40 MacBook Airs for student use.
- We have two class sets of iPads that are available for check-out by teachers.
- McGowen students use iPads and MacBook Airs to collaborate and create digital projects.
- McGowen 5th graders love to write, shoot and star in their own morning announcements.
- Students and teachers are utilizing Google Drive and Google Classroom to digitize assignments, homework, and collaboration.
- Students also have access to several online programs, such as iStation, Imagine Math, Pebble Go, Discovery Education, and more.