Lawson’s ECSE school day is from 7:30 to 10:30 OR from 11:15 to 2:15.
Registration for the upcoming 20/21 school year begins again on July 13th, 2020
NEW SPED STUDENTS – REGISTRATION
Students that have qualified for special education through evaluation at McKinney ISD and have completed the initial ARD process.
- Step 1: Student must qualify thorough evaluation and an ARD meeting must be completed
- Step 2: Teacher will send you a registration approval code after the ARD meeting is complete
- Step 3: Complete the registration process with the documentation needed (described below)
TRANSFER SPED STUDENTS – REGISTRATION
Students that have an IEP and attended a special education program in a different district/state.
- Step 1: Send child’s paperwork (ARD, FIE, etc.) to Liz Lopez at email@example.com.
- Step 2: Ms. Lopez will send you a registration approval code after review of the paperwork.
- Step 3: Complete the registration process with the documentation needed (described below).
To complete the online registration, please visit the link: https://www.mckinneyisd.net/enrollment/
Use the “School Locator” feature to determine if your home address is zoned for McKinney ISD. If it is, then you can click on the “2020-2021 New Student Enrollment” link and follow the instructions to complete the first part of the registration process.
Documentation needed to register
- Child’s birth certificate or passport
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Proof of Residence in McKinney – THIS MONTH’S electric, water, gas bill (all under the parent/guardian’s name; must show the “Service Address”, not the mailing address). If you have lived at that address less than a month, you may present your house contract with closing date or lease agreement with signatures. If you are residing with someone else and do not have any utility bills under your name, PLEASE contact our staff so we can tell you what to do. We do not accept cable bills, cell phone bills, insurance bills, mortgage statements, insurance bills, personal bills, etc.
- Child’s up-to-date immunization record. Students who are not up to date on his/her vaccinations will not be able to enroll in school. If your child is already 4 years old by the time you submit your application, the record must show that he/she has received all the vaccinations due at that age.
- Withdrawal documentation from previous school district (if applicable).
- Custody, Guardianship or Foster Care complete paperwork (if applicable).
- Before submitting your online application, please make sure that you entered your child’s name just as it’s written on the birth certificate (include middle name/s, double last names, do not add letters, apostrophes or hyphens, etc.), and verify his/her birthdate is correct and that it’s written in the right format: month/day/year.
Please know that just submitting an online application DOES NOT mean that your student is enrolled. Parents also need to submit ALL the documentation required by McKinney ISD, and it needs to be correct and current. You will receive confirmation once your student is enrolled.