MISD’s 1:The World Laptop Distribution for Grades 3/4/5
Our learners in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade will be supplied with a vital tool for online learning, a MacBook laptop. This MacBook deployment includes all of our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. This page will contain helpful information about MISD 1:The World program.
Please contact RJE Media Resource Specialist, Laura Bates, email@example.com, if you need a laptop.
Please visit this link for information about McKinney ISD’s 1:The World program including links to frequently asked questions, the parent/student handbook, Apple MacBook Air specs, and student help desk.
Additional Links for Information:
MacBook Information for Learning at Home
Loaner Program Terms of Service
HAC Laptop Payment Instructions
HAVING PROBLEMS WITH YOUR LAPTOP?
- If a student/parent needs help, we ask that they open a ticket in the Student Help Desk system. Click here to get started opening a help ticket. This support is for all students K-12. Include the following information in the email: Student’s name, student id, campus, parent contact number, and a detailed description of the problem.
- Technology Staff will strive to support parents over the phone or remotely.
- Appointments will only be made between the hours of 8:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday excluding Holidays. The student will be assigned a time to come to RON POE STADIUM TICKET BOOTH #1 Duvall St. to meet with a technician.
- Please attend your appointment on time.
If your student is in grade 4 or 5, an annual assurance fee will be applied to your child’s HAC. Our 3rd grade students are not charged the fee since their laptop stays in their classroom. For students who are not on free and reduced lunch, the fee is $30. For students on free and reduced lunch, the fee is $15. Please make sure when you go into your HAC account that you turn off your pop up blocker. If you do not turn off your pop up blocker, you will not be able to process your payment.
NEED HELP WITH HAC?
For Parent HAC accounts, where they don’t know their username and/or password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the student’s home campus.
Several internet service providers offer discounted rates for families.
- AT&T “Access” $10 Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Charter Spectrum “Internet Assist” $14.99 National School Lunch Program (NSLP), Social Security (SSI)
- Frontier “Lifeline discount” $21 Enrolled in Lifeline program
- Grande “Internet First” $9.95 Low-income (e.g. SNAP, Housing Assistance, etc.)
- Sparklight COVID19 Relief $10 for 3 months No documentation required for sign up
- Suddenlink Altice Advantage Internet $14.99 National School Lunch Program (NSLP) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Xfinity “Comcast Essentials” $9.95 Low-income (e.g. SNAP, Housing Assistance, etc.)