Storybook Character Pumpkin Patch
Who: Any Walker STAR
What: Decorate a pumpkin as a favorite storybook character
When: Turn in pumpkins October 24th – 27th (by 8:00am)
Where: Hallway outside the Library Learning Commons
Celebrate the arrival of fall by decorating a Storybook Character for our Pumpkin Patch. All pumpkins will be on display in the hallway outside the Learning Commons where a panel of judges will award a grand prize for each category K/1, 2/3, 4/5 and again this year there is a staff category. The winner in each division will receive a $10 Book Fair gift certificate for our Book Fair happening in November!
- Decorate a small fresh or artificial pumpkin. No large pumpkins please! The student should be able to carry the pumpkin him/herself.
- Absolutely NO carved pumpkins. Carved pumpkins will NOT be accepted and will be sent home that day.
- Be creative. Judging criteria will include originality, creativity, workmanship, and relevance to the book. The decisions of the judges are final.
- Do not paint an entire fresh pumpkin, as it will spoil too fast. Leave at least the bottom free of paint to it can breathe!
- Acrylic paints and permanent markers work best. Watercolors tend to run.
- Embellishments such as hat, hair, bandanas, mustaches, glasses and jewelry can add life-like qualities.
- Don’t put your name anywhere on the pumpkin. Bring the completed entry form with the decorated pumpkin to the Library Learning Commons by 8:00am October 27th. Print the form here, pumpkin entry 2016 or pick one up from Ms. Bolton.
- Judging will take place October 27th and winning pumpkins will be featured on announcements on Friday, October 28th
Please pick up pumpkins on Friday, October 28th. All pumpkins not taken home by 3:15PM will be disposed of.