Vega is committed to providing opportunities for students to interact with the global community through use of technology tools such as online learning and social media.
Listed below are a few of the many ways we use technology at Vega Elementary:
- Every student in grades 3 – 5 has their own Apple ipod touch to use at school.
- Every Kindergarten – 2nd grade classroom has 5 ipads for student instruction.
- Vega 5th grade students produce a morning closed-circuit TV news broadcast, complete with a green screen.
- Teachers receive professional development on a regular basis, in order to provide our students with the information skills they will need in the future.
- Technology integration occurs seamlessly in our classrooms as teachers design lessons weekly to meet the unique needs of their students.