Technology infrastructure and interactive learning opportunities are both key initiatives within Slaughter Elementary. We are committed to providing opportunities for students to interact with the global community through the use of technology tools such as online learning and social media.
Listed below are a few of the many ways we use technology at Slaughter Elementary:
- Every Kindergarten through 5th grade class has a set of iPads for students to use along with computers in the classroom.
- Grades 2-4 each have 40 MacBook Airs available for students to use.
- 5th grade students at Slaughter produce live broadcast announcements each morning.
- We have Digital Learning Spaces in our learning commons media center and our designated computer lab.
- Students practice computer skills and learn about technology with state-adopted Technology curriculum.
- Students use technology and Web 2.0 tools to show their learning.
- Students create digital products using Web 2.0 tools, iPads, and computers.